The Mashariki African Film festival is a non-profit Organization that resulted from an initiative by some Rwandan talented filmmakers. It also an annual event that started March 2015, it acts as a liaison of all east African film festivals with Rwanda.
- Our main mission is to create partnerships with grass-root businesses and to maximize their exposure and give values to our film industry. We also work with large corporations that are interested.
- Basic trainings in cinema to increase the quality of Rwandan and African films
- To boost the production of our local films to attract the International market. Be
- Is to have an internationally recognized film festival
Industry. Up to now some arts/cultural centers and institutions such as:
- THE MINISTRY OF SPORT AND CULTURE
- MINISTRY OF THE EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY
- MINISTRY OF THE YOUTH AND ICT
- GOETHE INSTITUT
- INSTITUT FRANCAIS
- EAST AFRICAN FILM FESTIVAL NETWORK
- MAISHA FILM LABS (UGANDA, RWANDA, KENYA AND TANZANIA)
- KWETU FILM INSTITUTE
- PRIVATE SECTOR
- EAC FESTIVALS
The Mashariki African film festival’s vision is to raising the standard of the film industry in Rwanda as well as in the East African region.
- Create the good understanding of an artistic film industry;
- Increasing of Rwandan films enthusiasts towards the growth of the film market in Rwanda;
- To improve the quality of the film productions, in rewarding different categories of filmmakers;
- To call for producers to invest in the East African film industry;
- To call for the government to support the film industry;
- To increase the quality of film production by rewarding filmmakers through different categories.
- Increase the skills of filmmakers through our workshops and develop the regional film industry.